Thursday 13 July 2017

Poem - IMAGE




I have always tried to see you,
At least a glimpse of you
When I take off my helmet,
Immediately I look for you
I go to washrooms,
Sometimes to look at you
When you smiled at me,
I have always returned the same
When you cried,
I never laughed
We are so similar,
Yet so different
Though I am what I am
You are what I wanna be
I lived in the society
But you lived in me
I am answerable to everybody except me
But you are answerable to none except you
I am chained to feel by my brains
But you are free to feel from your heart
When will that day arrive
When I and you could merge into one?
I cannot wait till my death
As there is no existence beyond
Neither can I be born again
As the clocks are accustomed
To turn clockwise
If not me, who can break
The mirror in between for us?

-Nileena Thomas   

No comments:

Post a Comment